• How do I submit a claim?

    Claim forms are available under the Claims and Forms section of the web site.

    For Health and Dental claims please be sure to include your Green Shield ID number and the original receipts.

    For Disability claim forms please include the policy #156874, your GWL ID number (UBCP #) as well as the employer information which is the MBT.

  • My claim/prescription was denied what do I do?

    Health and Dental Claims:There are a couple of reasons why your Health or Dental claim may have been denied.

    • The most common reason for a claim to be denied is it is missing relevant information needed for GSC to properly adjudicate your claim. Please check your EOB – Explanation of Benefits for why your claim was denied. If the reason is still unclear please contact us.
    • Terminated coverage. If you were suspended from UBCP as of June 1st of any year you are not eligible for coverage for that benefit year. Your coverage will also be terminated if you do not qualify for a class eligible for Health and Dental coverage. Information regarding your class level is mailed out to members each year in May.
    • The prescription you claimed was not an eligible benefit under the BC Formulary. In this case you may want to speak with your Doctor about an alternative that is covered under the BC Formulary or have your Doctor submit a Special Authority Request to Pharmacare to have the drug covered for you. If you receive a Special Authority approval please click here for information on how to submit the approval to GSC the have the prescription added to your GSC file.
    • You have not registered for Fair Pharmacare and/or forwarded your registration number to GSC. If this is the case please register for Fair Pharmacare by logging on to  www.gov.bc.ca/health. Once registered please contact Green Shield with your Registration number.
    • Short Term and Long Term Disability Claims: In the event that your Short Term or Long Term Disability claim has been denied please contact your Great-West-Life Case Manager to determine the reason. If this does not answer your question, please contact the MBT office.

  • What is a T-3?

    The T-3 that you receive represents the premiums that were paid on your behalf to the insurance companies to provide you with coverage. Please refer to your T3 statement for a breakdown of the premiums paid.

  • How do I find out more information about my RSP’s?

    Log on to www.grsaccess.com to find information on your current investments and/or to make changes to your current investments. If you do not have a log in ID and password, please contact Great-West-Life at 1-800-724-3402

Questions about your MBT/RBS Benefits?

If you have questions about what form you need to use, get in touch . In the meantime, we’d love to tell you more about your MBT benefits.

Learn more